winter in the dolomites
Feast of Immaculate Conception in Val Gardena
5-day trip from 06/12/2023 to 10/12/2023
Hotel 4* with spa and heated swimming pool
4 nights with breakfast and dinner included
3 hikes with expert guide
Trentino - Alto Adige
St.Cristina in Val Gardena
06 – 10 December 2023
Snowshoeing in Val Gardena, Christmas markets and mulled wine:the feast of Immaculate Conception in Val Gardena
For the feast of the Immaculate Conception, WeHike takes you to discover the wonderful snowy landscapes of Val Gardena, pearl of the Dolomites.
Guided snowshoe hikes, Christmas markets, mulled wine and relaxation will be the main ingredients of this true immersion in the spectacular scenery and atmosphere that only the wonderful panoramic views of the Dolomites mountain peaks in Val Gardena can give.
A hiking trip unlike any other, among the UNESCO World Heritage mountains, in the most atmospheric season of the year when nature rests under the snow and everything is shrouded in the magic of the Christmas holidays.
Val Gardena is the Christmas valley in the heart of the Dolomites.
- DURATION: 5 days
- LEVEL: easy
- TRAVEL STYLE: group, fully guided, explorer
- GUIDES: Sara and Lukas
Wednesday December 6th in the afternoon at 4* Hotel in Santa Cristina di Val Gardena. All data will be given at the time of registration. All data will be given at the time of registration.
Sunday December 10th in the afternoon
Wednesday, December 6 – Arrival in Santa Cristina
- Check-in at the hotel starting at 2:30 pm. Assignment of rooms and accommodation.
- From 3 pm opportunity to relax at the hotel’s spa and heated pool.
- At 6:30 pm welcome drink followed by dinner at the hotel.
Thursday, December 7 – Snowshoe hike in the Puez-Odle Nature Park
Lenght: 8 km
Height difference: 250 m uphill / 650 m downhill
Our first day will begin with a snowshoe hike that will take us to the foot of the Odle Group.
We will take the Col Raiser cable car to the Seceda Plateau at about 2,100 m and then walk to the Unesco Dolomites Panoramic Balcony, a true open-air terrace with a breathtaking view of the most iconic peaks of the Dolomites: the Sella Group, Sassolungo and Sassopiatto, Catinaccio and Sciliar.
We will then hike towards the Alpe di Cisles, among snow-covered forests and meadows, surrounded by a natural amphitheater with few equals in the world, to reach the Juac Refuge.
We will continue downhill snowshoeing until we reach Selva di Val Gardena where we will have lunch at a rustic alpine tavern and where we will be able to breathe in the Christmas atmosphere with the opening of the Christmas market: welcoming us with the spicy scent of gingerbread cookies and the typical aroma of mulled wine!
Friday, December 8 – Snowshoe hike to Mount Pana and aperitif at the mountain hut
Length: 7 km
Elevation gain: 300 m
In the morning we will enjoy the hotel’s spa and heated pool in preparation for an afternoon snowshoe hike to Mount Pana, just above Santa Cristina in Val Gardena.
We will snowshoe along the Pana Raida adventure-trail, framed 360° by majestic peaks such as the imposing Sassolungo and Sassopiatto peaks with contrasting forests: a wonderful natural landscape, a magical place that conveys peace and relaxation with exciting views.
At the end of our snowshoe hike, we will stop at a charming refreshment stop for a well-deserved rest and to enjoy an aperitif with a view of the Sella Group and Odle mountains.
Saturday, December 9 – Snowshoe hike in Val d’Anna
Length: 7 km
Elevation gain: 250 m
We will set off on foot from the hotel with our snowshoes to hike along a very scenic trail that will lead us to the oldest church in the valley, the Church of San Giacomo, whose origin seems to date back to the 12th century.
Idyllically situated, it has interior walls decorated with stunning Gothic frescoes in the chancel and 16th-century murals depicting the legend of St. James (protector of hikers). This elevation with the small church, called “dlieja da Sacun” in Ladin, is considered one of the most beautiful viewpoints in the entire Val Gardena.
We will then continue to reach the picturesque Val d’Anna near Ortisei and have lunch at Baita Pauli, a small mountain hut where we will be able to taste the specialties of South Tyrolean cuisine.
After lunch we will visit the Christmas market in Ortisei where Christmas melodies resound in every corner and typical products are offered in the little houses.
Sunday, December 10 – Departure
After breakfast you can enjoy a day of relaxation, taking advantage of the hotel’s beautiful swimming pool for a few more hours, or go shopping.
- € 180.00 to be paid at the time of registration
- € 510.00 thirty days before departure
The fee includes:
- Two Professional English speaking Hiking Guides for the duration of the entire hiking trip (environmental hiking guide qualified in accordance with L.R. 42 of 23/03/2000 and subsequent amendments)
- Accommodation of 4 nights in a 4* hotel at Santa Cristina in Val Gardena in double rooms with single beds on request.
- On request possibility of single room at no extra charge (limited availability)
- Half board service with 4 breakfasts and 4 dinners (drinks not included).
- Use of indoor and outdoor heated swimming pool, spa and gym of the hotel.
- Valgardena MobilCard: use of all buses in the valley included
- Parking space at the hotel and 11kW charging stations for electric cars
- Astronomical terrace with two observatories
- Free fast wifi
- Accident insurance
The fee does not include
- Travel costs to reach Santa Cristina in Val Gardena and return (fuel and tolls) to be made by own car
- Tourist tax of € 2.50 per/day
- Lunches at the mountain huts
- Lift facilities – approx. € 30.00 for all 4 days
- Snowshoe rental at a cost of €10/day
- Anything not specified under “The fee include”.
Registrants will receive all booking and travel details by email.
The event has a limited number of participants.
Technical organization by:
Via Mario Orsini 2
50125 Firenze (ITALY)
Tel. +39 055 2047019
- Report any food intolerances at the time of booking
- Optional trip cancellation insurance available upon request
How to book the trekking trip
Click on the “Book” button and fill out the application in its entirety. You will be contacted upon receipt of the application.
The following applies in case of cancellation:
- Cancellations made up to 61 days from the date of departure: penalty 0%.
- The cancellation of the reservation from 60 to 31 days from the date of departure: penalty of 30% of the booked services.
- The cancellation of the reservation from 30 to 15 days from the date of departure: penalty of 40% of the booked services.
- The cancellation of the reservation from 14 to 8 days from the date of departure: penalty of 70% of the booked services.
- The cancellation of the reservation within 7 days from the date of departure penalty of 100% of the booked services.
Read the Terms and Conditions for participation in the guided trekking trip.
feast of immaculate conception in val gardena
Book your next adventure
Would you like to get more information about traveling for the feast of the Immaculate Conception in Val Gardena? Contact us via WhatsApp.